Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sometimes you feel like a... Sometimes you don't...

Well, let me just say, sometimes I feel like a whale and sometimes I don't!  :)
I honestly haven't felt like a whale or any other beach type animal (manatee, seal, etc, you get the idea) since I started working out!  I feel stronger, healthier and have more self esteem!

I am so excited to ALREADY see my hard work paying off!  Since 2 Jan 2013- I was at a starting weight of 200.4 and today, 22 Jan 2013 I am at 188.4!!!!  That is 12 POUNDS gone!!!  And I will never ever let it come back!!!

My goal for the 12 week Biggest Loser Challenge was 20 pounds!  A very healthy and manageable goal.  But with this weight just falling off, I may be able to surpass that!  Either way I am excited :)

My lifestyle has completely changed, like I said before I workout 5-6 days a week and eat between 1200-1500 calories a day.  When you learn how to eat right and what to eat to stay full, it is really pretty easy!  My body no longer CRAVES junk.  I have no desire for fast food and honestly after not eating it for a while now, I pass BK and I smell grease.  It is totally disgusting!  Paul made real chocolate chip cookies last night and I ate only ONE!!!  And I was ok with that!

I have been able to learn not to let food have control over me!  When you let food control you (with cravings and gorging) you end up like I was, a whale.  :( very sad face!

Anyways, I use myfitnesspal.com to log all my intake and exercise and it is awesome!  Paul and the kids are so supportive and motivating!  They all the time tell me how proud of me they are!

The only hump I have to overcome now is...  THE DREADED BATHING SUIT!!!!  I spent 3 gosh darn hours yesterday searching for 2 swimsuits.  I found them and then almost had an anxiety attack when I went to buy them!  I ended up not even buying them!!!!  I want them, but ugh I am so scared!

I know 85% of women have cellulite... And I appreciate that people are like, oh I don't see it on you, but c'mon people.  If I can see the dime size craters, so can you!  Let's be honest!  :)  I just wanna get rid of it!  And I know with healthy food choices and a good exercise program and hard work, it will lessen and maybe fade away, but that is my biggest fear about a swimsuit.  I know my abs will be fine, I know my arms will be and my butt will look great... But my damn legs :/ eeekkk!  I have always been very very VERY self conscious about my legs.  And maybe it is because they have always been big- even in HS, even when I was little!  But the big part doesn't bother me, it's the part where it looks like i got hit with a bag of nickels.  Ugh!

Well, I hope you laughed.  On that note I am going to the gym!  Time for me time!!!  I love me time :)  I am actually really loving the gym!

Have a wonderful day!!!  And when my 12 weeks is up, I will post a whole slew of before during and after pics!  So stay tuned!

<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)