Friday, March 29, 2013

My Journey.... It Isn't Over Yet!!!

Well, for those of you who have been following my weight loss journey, today was the final weigh in on my KMC's Biggest Loser Challenge.  Now, I don't think I won, but to myself and my family I am a winner!  I lost weight and gained awesome muscle!  I started at 200.4 and ended at 180.9, that's 19.6 pounds gone!  My waist went from 35" to 32", my hips from 43.5" to 42", my butt from 46" to 44", my neck from 13" to 12", my bust from 35" to 34", my mom pooch 41" to 37" and my calves 17" to 16".  Overall I lost over 12.5" (from various other parts too) :)  

Now here are my before and after pictures.  Yes I am in my bra and underwear, but a bathing suit is the same thing.  I didn't want to take pictures with leggings and tshirts because I wouldn't be able to see the transformation I wanted.

Starting pics...  Jan 2, 2013 and ending pics! End of March 2013. Pretty proud from where I cam from to where I am now!




I am more proud of the muscle I have gained.  Now, I am no where near cut or toned like I want to be, but I will get there.  But for now here are some beginning and current stats:

                             
                          AS OF JAN 2013                          AS OF MARCH 29, 2013      
Bench press:    30lb  preloaded  barbell                  75 lbs (45lb bar plus 30lbs)
Overhead Tri ext: 10lb dumbbell                                    35lb dumbbell
Squat:              40lb preloaded barbell                       140lb Smith machine
Pushups:           1 - real guy one                                    15 (in one set)        
Situps:                   35 in 1 min                                            57 in one min                
Plank:                         20 sec                                                    2 min                        
V-ups                            2-3                                                  10 in a set            
Leg ext:                      45lbs                                                      90lbs                            
Leg curl:                      30lbs                                                     60 lbs                            
Leg press:                   95lbs                                                     160lbs                              
Back ext:                  15 w/ no weight set                       15 w/ 35lb plate set            
Running:           1/8 mi without stopping      2.7mi with 2x10 sec breathers

When you set your mind to something, like REALLY set your mind to something and amazing thing happens...  This switch triggers and you just get tired of how things "have always been" and you get mad at it, so mad and that builds motivation... That motivation builds into determination and if you want it bad enough- nothing will stop you from getting your goal.  Yes there will be set backs and yes you will have a few bad days, but overall- you will do it!

I got tired of being fat.  I was tired of always sucking it in when out in public.  I was tired of not enjoying life because of my weight.  I was tired of not wearing a swimsuit (for 8 years).  I wanted to be normal, I wanted to be healthy, I wanted more out of life.  And I got it- and am still going!  I am not done yet by far, but this is a damn great start to the new year and new me in just 11 weeks!  Remember- if you want it- you will make it happen...  You are your only excuse.  Don't say you don't have time, don't say you are too tired, don't say I'll start tomorrow- because tomorrow never comes, you have to make time (you make time for FB and TV!), and you won't be tired once you eat and exercise right!

If anyone needs any help or tips, please let me know!  Good Luck!!

Katie :)











3 comments:

  1. Hey girl you look great!!!! You should really post the photos side by side I think the difference would be even more crazy if you didn't have to scroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how I would put them side by side? I can try. :) thanks Jamie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can send you them side by side I just need your email! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)