Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2012

Well, last night I had a hard time going to sleep. It seems like our dream of having a baby was shattered with the news of the ectopic and the insane 5 weeks that followed.  It will happen one day, I know, but the memories of all of it still haunt me like it was yesterday.

But today is a day to be thankful.  And I am thankful for so many things.  Most of all, I am thankful for my family.  My daughters and my husband are the most amazing one could ever ask for.

Without Paul, I would probably be bouncing from one spaztastic idea to another (due to my anxiety).  But he keeps me grounded, he understands me, he loves me for me- all of me- unconditionally!   And that is one of the most amazing feelings to ever feel- true happiness and be completely in love.  He is my sanctuary, my calm and my rock.

My kids- I love dearly.  Though they drive me up a wall sometimes, I love being a mom.  Watching them grow, seeing them accomplish new things and learn new things is always so awesome.  I am so very proud to have two gorgeous and intelligent daughters!  Their little hugs and kisses and funny, quirkiness can always make me smile.  They are getting so big, I can't believe it!

I am also thankful for my family back home- both Paul's and mine.  Without mine, well, I definitely wouldn't be where I am today.  They are the reason I am who I am and I am where I am!

And Paul's family- for accepting me and the girls and bringing us into their family as their own.  From day 1- I felt accepted and loved.

And lastly, I am thankful for my friends.  To all my friends here in Germany- without you all, life in Germany would suck!  You guys have been so fun and amazing- I love our hang outs, lunch dates and shopping dates!  Germany is definitely better with you guys!
And my bestie back home in the states...  Jen and Sam.  Man, where to even begin?!  You guys are my best friend for a reason.  Through thick and thin, good and bad, we have stuck it out.  Jen- you are the bestest friend- bestest buffalo- a girl could ask for!  You are amazing!  We can talk about ANY and EVERYTHING and I know I can tell you anything and I don't have to fear being judged or talked about... You guys are brutally honest- even if I don't want to hear it, you guys are always there for me if I ever needed anything, you guys and I just have this bond- this connection that is unreal.  It is hard to put into words how much I appreciate and love you guys!  Being best friends with you both is beyond any friendship I could have ever imagined.  You guys are my true friends and I love you both and the kiddos!

There are many more things I am thankful for- like the opportunity to be in Germany and travel, the ability to go to school and finish, our lifestyle and not worrying about things, our new explorer we get in 3 weeks or so :), our jobs, etc.  And still so much more...  But the above are the things I am extremely grateful for because without them, the rest wouldn't mean as much!  Family and friends make life worth everything!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!  And maybe in the next year- next Thanksgiving- we will have a little one to celebrate with?!

Katie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)