Monday, August 29, 2011

School Days Are Here Again!!!

So today is the first day of 3rd grade for Madison and Pre-k/K Homeschool for Emmy!  August 29th...  Well, it is kinda crazy!  Madison has to have just the right outfit!  Her hair- she wanted curled, bangs pulled back and crackle nail polish and oh yeah- makeup!  All of which I gave her- minus the makeup!!!

Emmy wanted to be just like sister~  Hair curled, nails done- she picked her outfit and off we go!


We walked Madison to school b/c it is close and we are on base.  She had a blast going!  Excited and nervous about 3rd grade.  Me too!  I keep thinking, where has the time gone? 3rd grade here isn't elementary anymore, which made it that much more harder for me to accept the fact, my kids are growing up.  Here @ Ramstein- 3rd-5th is Intermediate School!

Seeing all the kids out there today (over 900 in the 3 grades), I was a little heart broken to see my little girl all independent.  :(

Emmy on the other hand isn't old enough for PRE-K here,  but she is so smart I didn't want this year to go to waste- especially since she wanted to start so badly.  So Paul and I bought Pre-K and K curriculum books to work on homeschooling this year.  So far, she is whizzing thru the Pre-K book!  And she is having a blast!

It is amazing to me how much Emmy already knows and understands- a lot b/c of Madison and then from the little things I try and teach her.   I know they say kids are sponges, but Emmy is ridiculous!



Anyways, it's almost nap time, which means I get to nap too!  Yay haha!




  I'm so glad the girls enjoy school and learning :)



Katie


1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!!! Beautiful girls! I miss you Maddie! Have a great school year!
    Mrs. Warnick

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)