Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Being Grateful... Simplicity Explains It...

Today was a pretty good day.  It started like any other day.  I woke up late.  Story of my life.  Damn.

I forgot I had to take Paul to work today b/c I needed the car.  So he comes in 20 min before he has to leave and says...  So I guess you aren't taking me to work?  I fly outta bed... OMG I FORGOT!  And a few expletives leave my mouth as well, but we will leave those out :)

I am flying thru the house, getting kids up and dressed, getting myself- well, DECENT to leave the house (this include undergarments and a coat of powder and mascara and hair pulled in a pony).  Kids amazingly get up and dressed with NO FIGHTING!  That is so unheard of in our household!  I was so thankful for a great morning even if it was super duper rushed!!! Anyways, so we all get out the door at 7:04 am (4 min late but still good!).  He makes it to work ON TIME (YEA!) and to make a long story short- Madison makes it to school and Emily and I make it home to get ready (real ready) for our morning!

We get ready and head to the grocery store (before 9am!  another unheard of moment!).  We are going thru getting all the needed groceries for Emily's party Friday!  Stuff for cupcakes, fruit kabobs, veggie tray, finger sandwiches, homemade brownies, chips, drinks, etc.  And then... in the dairy section...  I see something that makes me to happy!  I exclaim- Oh my Gosh- It's here!!!!   (pretty loudly!) It was my all time fav coffee creamer!  Peppermint Mocha.

I know, I know, what is so great about this?  Well, IDK- it's just my fav and  I was so happy!  It is when I can feel like I'm ready for the holidays!  It is like Christmas in my coffee mug!  The smell, the freshness of the mint and the warmth of the mocha and then the AHHHHHHHH that comes after that first morning sip!

After getting home and having that AHHHHHH moment with my holiday in a cup, I think about life.  It's the little things I really am grateful for!  I'm grateful for this creamer!  It makes me happy every time I wake up- I just wanna have a cup of coffee before anything else to start my day off happy!

But of course I'm grateful for much more than creamer and coffee!  I'm grateful for so many things, big and small.  I am thankful everyday to wake up and have my family, to have 2 very intelligent, gorgeous daughters, the most amazing husband I could ever ask for, an amazing family back home in MS and the family in UT!  I'm thankful for the few people who are my very best friends!  Also, for the great opportunity to be able to travel to places most people dream about.  I am grateful for the experience the military gave me, but I am also so grateful to be out and to be able to actually spend time with my family!


I am so very thankful for Paul being awesome at Madison's weekly math problems!!!   I don't understand most of them, especially this week's 3-d one... and here he is- helping Madison!  He is so awesome with them (and that is something to be so very grateful for!).




I am so grateful for the ability to put a smile on people's faces either by talking, baking or just being my goofy self.  All of the material things we own are beyond nice and that is always something to be thankful for!


And I am grateful for the little things that make me smile.

I try to capture it with pictures lately...


Sometimes it's baking and sometimes just scenery!  But it never fails to make me smile and feel at ease.


I know there are probably many things I didn't mention, but all in all, I am grateful for the things, people and experiences life has presented.   So many times we fail to focus on what we have and what we are grateful for- instead we focus on the negative.  So if you are reading this, stop and take a minute to be grateful for what/who you have in your life.
And in those moments of negativity, try to focus on this- the small things (and big things) you are grateful for.  Because I always like to say- There is always someone worse off then you- so it isn't that bad.  And like the Bible says- He will never put more on you than you can handle.

Stay positive, stay thankful and stay happy :)

Loves to all-
Katie

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)