Monday, October 10, 2011

Getting Healthy- Not Skinny

So today is a new beginning.  Yeah I know I've said this before, but this time is different. I am on my way to a new me- a new me without gimmicks like HCG, fad diets, etc.  I am working out on a regular basis and actually enjoying it!  What the hell?  Enjoying it?  Yes!  
It started out with Zumba.  My friend Arden and I were nervous, but we wanted to try it b/c not only did it look like so much fun, but also looked like a good workout!  Yes it was.  From day one, we were hooked!!!!  We have been 2x a week now for about a month.  I even bought a multi class pass!  
So over the last week, after I leave Zumba, I think, man, I still wanna work out, I'm actually excited to workout.  So I decided to add in 2x more workouts a week.  I needed to start slow b/c too many times I have jumped in - balls to the wall- and done too much too fast- which with me- gets me burned out fast and I give up (oh how many times this has happened!) or I get hurt and quit.
So nice and slow...  We did 2 classes a week (Tue & Thur) for a month and today was the start of my additional 2x workouts (Mon & Fri).  I'm starting with 45 min of cardio with a 5 min warmup and 5 min cool down.  Today went great.  I felt like I got in my zone and worked it!  441 calls/ 4.1 miles/ 40 (workout) minutes later and I was drenched and feeling accomplished!  

My goal is yes to lose weight, but not to be skinny or look like a model- hello- I;m almost a 30 yr old mom of 2, wife and full time student.  I don't expect my body (after what I've put it thru) to look like I'm 20 again!  But I can be healthy!  My overall goal of how I see things is- I don't care how much I weigh (within reason), I wanna be able to fit into certain clothes and look nice.  I want to have my curves, I want to look nice, healthy and curvy, b/c I am a woman.  
I used to think- I just wanna be skinny, I wanna do this or that or be like so-an-so.  No, I am me.  And I'm ok with that.  I am loved for who I am.  So, with that being said...  I am on my new found road.  A road that expands the mind, a road that clears my previous "I can't" attitude, a road that is going to be anything and everything I want it to be from here on out.  
It IS all about attitude.  You can do ANYTHING and get ANYTHING you believe in and set your mind to. If you dwell on the negative, that is all that will follow you.  But dwell on the positive and believe in the positive and it will happen!  
If you need help understanding this- watch The Secret and really listen.  There are a few of you out there I KNOW this can help!  
Loves to all!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Great outlook girl! PS have you heard of HAES? (Health at every size). A friend of mine keeps mentioning it and I haven't looked it up yet but you would probably like it too. :D

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)