Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Hope I Age Well...

Ok... So I just realized this is the year I turn the big 3-0.  OMG :(.  I seriously think I might freak out.  Well I know I will, I already am and it is still January.  I have about 13 weeks left in my 20's.  SHIT.

I am terrified.  IDK why.  I just hope I age well.  I don't want to be one of those moms who the kids are embarrassed over, what one those moms who looks ancient and she's not, or one of those moms who just isn't fun anymore...

I took the kids and one of their friends to the BX today.  As we were sitting there in the food court, I looked around and people watched for a bit.  You know you've done it too!  Some people pass and you think, man, I would love to have legs like that...  Others pass and you grimace on the inside and try not to let your face show it....  I told my friend the other day, all I need for motivation to get healthy is to go to the BX and watch.  IDK why here, but there are so many women/wives who seem to let themselves go.  Maybe b/c it is lack of jobs here and most are stay at home moms, but still...  Whether you work or not, you should still take pride in how you look, no matter what (I feel at least).  

Anyways, my point I was getting at was this...  Some women you think may be older- but look really good/young for their age.  And some look a lot older than they actually are.  I saw one girl today...  She was probably in her late 20's, early 30's but dressed like she was 50, and overall looked upper 40's...  That sucks.  I wanna be one of those people who look good for her age, but I wanna look the part.  Confident, classy, and well put together. My goal is to lose the 40lbs and then buy a new wardrobe!  With this wardrobe I wanna put together stuff like this (still keeping some hoodies and all too though for lazy days!):


  






And pumps!  I've never been able to wear them b/c of the military, but I would love to start!!!






























And of course- flats :) I could NEVER have enough flats!



   












And OF COURSE... Purses! Though I was never a purse girl before, I love these and could easily become one :)))














I like the military purses!  I like the 1st one b/c it says ___ Wife.  and the wording on the bottom!  I love the layout of the 2nd with those 2 things from 1st purse on 2nd!  Super uber C-U-T-E!!!

Anyways, turning 30 to me is I guess a make or break type thing.  It represents getting older...  And though I don't mind getting older... I just wanna look good doing it lol!  Inside and out!  I wanna be fit, healthy, sophisticated, classy, educated, and confident!  I don't think that's too much to ask nor will it be hard.  Just gotta meet my first goal- losing the lbs and then it's game on :)

Loves to all.
Katie

1 comment:

  1. I know you can do it Katie, just don't put too much pressure on yourself. The rest will come naturaly.
    Manuel says that women who are in their prime (40-50) are the most beautifull!!! See whatyou have to look forward to!!!
    I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)