Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011...2012...

Well, it is officially 2012!  For me anyways :)  my time change and all.  I see that people like to do a reflection is their previous year and I am no different.  Let me start by saying I have a lot to be grateful for!  And I am truly blessed and I do feel that way.  But taking it all into consideration, lets boil it down.

2011...
Nov 1, you gave me the hope of life growing inside my belly.  A life created by me and Paul.  A baby we wanted so badly.  We instantly loved from the moment we saw 2 pink lines...
Nov 24, 2011...  You took something from me I will never get back. Paul and I found out my pregnancy was miscarried, then only to really find out days later it was actually ectopic. At 7 weeks 3 days we ended up losing the baby we wanted so badly.  And for that I will never forget the saddest moments of my life.  There is a void inside that will never be filled, a part of me & him in Heaven, and one day we will meet.

2011...  You also brought me some of the most joyous moments of my life!
3 June 2011...  Paul surprises me and the girls by coming home early from Korea!  With the help of  his best friend, Kyle- he and Paul strolled into my house just as I was about to leave!!!!  INSANE!
10 June 2011...  I married my best friend and the love of my life.  I feel I have been given many chances in life with love... And I finally know and feel like I got it right!  I haven't ever been happier and each day feels like a blessing.
28 June 2011...  I was medically retired from the Air Force after 10 years of service.  I am so happy for that gift, to be able to spend more time with my kids and not fear one deployments and time away anymore.
10 August 2011...  Had to say goodbye to family and friends and my buffalo :(((
But the girls and I moved to Germany!!!!  So far we are loving it!  Traveling and all is great and the area is awesome...  Food too! (And we are able to Skype with family and my buffalo :)))
29 August 2011...  Madison starts 3rd grade and I homeschool Emmy!  Both are so incredibly smart it is unbelievable!  I am so very proud of them both!
August-September 2011...  Made some awesome new friends :)
HOIDAY SEASON 2011- was great!  I baked more than ever, spent some amazing time with friends and saw a couple Christmas markets!  Traveled to Belgium and saw the world renowned Ice Fest!  Had out first official family Christmas and rang in the New Year cuddled in bed with my love.

2011 has been an eventful year!  A year that will not soon (or ever) be forgotten!  Many blessings to you and yours in the new, upcoming year... 2012!

xoxo
loves to all
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)