Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Momo

for those of you who don't know.  my momo and my aunt dusty were the biggest positive impacts on my and my sister kelly's life.  they became our legal guardians after a big mess with parents...  needless to say they raised us.

I've never had anyone so close to me die.  not someone I've had this sort of relationship with, not someone who was a parent to me.  it hurts.  to know that when i go home next- ill be visiting her grave and not getting to throw my arms around her neck and say I've missed you.  not getting to see the girls run up to hug her...  not being able to call every year and ask for that darn sweet tater pie recipe!  i could never remember that damn thing!  there are so many things I'm going to miss about her.  i can't even put into words...

i wish i could go home...  i wish i could just see her one more time.  i wish i woulda been able to talk to her on the phone one more time and to tell her how much i loved her and make sure she knew how much she meant to me.  

her funeral is wednesday and it hurts so bad not to be able to be there...  even just for that one day... just to see her again and tell her goodbye...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)