Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why Didn't I Do This Sooner?

So, I am well into week 2 of my working out and man... I feel GREAT!  (imagine me using the Tony the Tiger voice).  I feel so super fantastic it is unbelievable!  Let me tell you a little why.

First, I was diagnosed like.....  IDK 8-10 years ago with anxiety disorder.  I would get so irritated so quickly, I didn't have lots of energy, I always was crabby about something, I snapped a lot at the kids, I wasn't able to hold my tongue, I lacked patience and I slowly stopped "playing" and having fun with the kids.  I was just here.  I worked, helped with school, took them to extracurricular activities, etc.

But since I've been working out AND eating a well balanced, whole grain, healthy diet- MAN!  Every bit of that has changed!  Most importantly PATIENCE and overall attitude!  I attribute those to things getting better- to taking care of the rest of the stuff!  I no longer let myself feel mad or pissed or irritated.  I am always in a good mood, my anxiety is next to nothing and I feel 5-7 years younger already!  I am beyond positive!  I can already see and feel a difference in my looks and everything!  And so can others!

It feels SOOOOO good to be on a healthy path and to have an awesome support system of friends and loved ones!  I usually hate jean shopping and I was in the BX today.  Passes a 50% off rack of jeans.  Something told me to look thru it.  I did and found 1 pair that was a size smaller than I was...  I decided to try them on, see how much smaller they were and maybe I would buy them as my next step down jeans.  Well, THEY FIT!  A little tight, but i can pull them up, button and zip, I can breath (LOL) and I can wear them!  OMG I was astonished to already be able to see that much of a difference.  Makes me want to just  want to work that much harder b/c I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!

Last week I lost 4.7 lbs 1 Jan-7 Jan.  And to put that into perspective, think about holding a 5 lb chunk of ground beef or a 5 lb bag of taters!!!!  YEAH!  And then think about having all that around your legs and tummy!  Thats what I'm thinking about! And it keeps me motivated!!!







I can honestly say, this is finally a track I can continue on.  Not just some FAD diet plan.  This is a life long change and I am onto a healthier, happier me!

Woohoo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjhmddDPRw  LOOK @ what 1 and 5 LBS of fat look like!

Loves to all!
Katie

JAN 1-JAN 7= -4.7 LBS
JAN 8-JAN 14=
JAN 15- JAN 21=
JAN 22- JAN 28=
------------------
FEB
------------------
MAR
------------------
APR
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)