Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Pregnant Belly Touching Syndrome...

Well...  IDK what it is, but what makes people think it's ok to invade personal space and touch a pregnant belly, without asking I  might add?  Really?  When did that become ok?  I mean I don't walk up to you and pinch your cheeks or give you a good game when we say goodbye, so rubbing, touching or poking someone's pregnant belly is ok?  LOL
No.  Just for all my friends info, it is not ok with me.
Want this shirt!!!!!!  Large please :)-------------------->>

Now I know I am only 6-7 weeks along, but I've already had a couple people do this.  An old lady in the commissary chatting me up in line bc she saw I had diapers in my cart. She was asking if this was my 1st and I said no, my 3rd and I'm about 6ish weeks now.   I told her I was stockpiling.  She made a comment about the "bun in the oven" will be here before I know it and reached to rub my belly.  I stepped back, shocked and kinda tried to giggle it off.  Ugh no, I don't know you, don't touch me is what I wanted to say.  But I was polite and backed up and smiled.  I think she got the point.

Then I had a friend poke me like I was the pillsbury doughboy.  I know no harm was meant by it, but c'mon people?!?!?!

So this is for ALL my friends and family and even people I don't know (tho I know you probably don't read my blog- you should :))...  It is not ok to touch a pregnant lady without ASKING.  It is an invasion of personal space and you might pull a stump back if you try it.....  Just sayin'....

I love all my family and friends dearly, but it's my belly....





You won't get good luck by rubbing it, I promise!


and I won't giggle and say "woohoo" if you poke me.






                 So please, keep your hands to yourself :)

Thanks!

Loves to all,
Katie + baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)