Saturday, November 5, 2011

Whoa Baby!!!

Well, in case you live under a rock and haven't heard- I'm PREGNANT!!!!  woot!  I was gonna say Paul and I are pregnant, but then you always have that one jokester who says "Paul's pregnant, better call the news up"...  yada yada.  Anyways, yep, so we are. And by my calculations and help from Babycenter.com I think I am in the neighborhood of 4.5 ish weeks.  Still early I know, but thanks to First Response pregnancy test, I found out 4 days before my missed period!  It is more sensitive than the Lab on base!  Theirs still showed negative, but I took a grand total of 6, ranging from digital, regular and 3 different brands!  All were positive!

It's so funny, because I had a couple different ways I wanted to tell him when we found out...  1. Way was to put BOY/GIRL? on my tummy.  2. Way was post-its on the wall that said "Got Baby?" and each post-it would have a "daddy saying" on it.  but what happened...  I pee'd.  I left the room, came back, saw the lines and freaked.  He was passing by the bathroom and all I could do was pull him in, say "it's pink, there's 2 pink lines" and hug him and cry.  Lol.  So yeah, I'm a spaz.

So with that being said, everyone is excited!  My family is a little, they've been thru this before though lol.  Paul's family on the other hand is super excited!  Madison and Emily are so super excited, though they are jinxing me, saying we will have twins!  But I doubt it, twins don't run on either side.  

I bought the 1st pack of diapers today!  Huggies Snugglers Newborn.  My goal is to buy a pack a pay period with a pack of wipes.  That way we can be stocked up and not worry about diapers for the first few months!  With that, I need to start buying flannel fabric!  I am going to make receiving blankets and burp cloths!  I wanna make most of them.  Im sure we will get some as gifts, but the majority, I wanna make! 

I have already started nesting lol.  Well off and on.  I think it's more me being bored b/c Paul has been gone for a few days already.  Im doing really well in school and plan to stay in school til May, then I will take time off til next October and start up again.  I should be able to get 2 more quarters in before the baby comes!  

Paul gets back 2nd week of Dec and just in time, too!  We will get to see and hear the heartbeat for the 1st time just before Christmas!!!!!  What an awesome Christmas gift!  To see the life we created, growing inside!!! So awesome!  Then he will leave again for another business trip for the month of January and the be home the rest of the time!!! I am excited to actually be able to share this pregnancy with my husband!  (With Madison and Emily- their dad was deployed and  the in Korea-ugh- went thru it alone, sucked), so this time will actually be normal and awesome!

I can't wait til I have a belly and we can just be cuddling and feel the baby kick together :) I am at such an awesome place in life!  Tho there were many broken roads and paths along my way, I finally found the right path and am happier than I ever could have imagined!  

Loves to all!
Katie (+baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)