Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Life and What the Future Holds...

So...  It is Feb 1st and Paul and I are starting to plan our wedding :) yay!  We (well I bc he is in Korea) are looking at venues online and in person!  It is kinda obessessive...  I mean, all I can think about is what We want for it, what decor, menu, is it in our budget, do I really need this or want it?  It's everywhere too.  I look around and I get ideas, glimpses into the future of how that would tie into decor or colors...  Ahh, happiness :)  I am so happy you finally found me! 

Life with Paul has been amazing.  Sure we have had our ups and downs, issues with "other people", but all of it has subsided and left us strong, full of this unconditional love, this fullness in my heart.  Something I have never felt before.  Sure I have loved...  I think everyone has loved.  But I am "IN LOVE" like I would do anything for this man.  I would give my life for him. 

My kids are beyond excited!  They have been through a alot with my somewhat of a rollercoaster ride of a life, but over the last 2 years, it has settled.  Paul came into our lives and things just work.  Things just click and it's easy for the most part.  I love that we don't have to try.  We just are.  His family is wonderful, both sides...  My family seems accepting :)  They haven't been able to spend a ton of time since they are in MS, but for a few days they met him.  Everything seemed to go wonderfully!

Life is about to take some crazy turns here soon!  I am being medical boarded (possible medical discharge), which I welcome!  Paul will stay in until they kick him out...  I am back in school, and would like to pursue being a full time student, work part time and then once I have my degree, find a good job!  It is kinda crazy though.  Getting back into the work force...  I never had to look for a job...  I've been in the AF for over 10 years...  But with the rate of deployments, my job's deploying ratio, wanting more kids and the possibility of both of us being gone at the same time....  Well, family is outweighing my job in the military.  Though it has served me well and I have done my job, I respect and appreciate everything and everyone I have met along the way.....  It's time to call it quits for me.  So if they present me with a medical separation, I will accept it. 

Then we will all be on our way to Germany...  Paul's follow on is in Ramstein!  Yay!  We are really excited to tour Eupore with the kids, see Paris, London, Italy and all of the cultural and architectural beauties that Europe holds!!! 

Honestly, life is just amazing right now.  It has been a very ugly, hard, sad and tiring road, until now, until Paul.  With Paul and my kids, nothing can bring me down!  They are my life... My loves... My world!

XOXO
Katie

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand your wanting to get out of the military. As soon as I got pregnant with Charly Nate and I knew we couldn't both be in the military and I haven't looked back once on that decision. It is sweet to read your writings, I look forward to more posts. Oh and PS, we are a little jealous you guys are going to Germany, we loved it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renee! And yeah, Paul doesn't want me to stay in either. That is a big concern with wanting more children, too. So cross your fingers and say a prayer for us that our wish will come true! :)

    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)