Friday, February 18, 2011

When the Mom Role is Flipped...

Well, I started coming down with a cold yesterday.  Yay.  I only get sick with a cold once a year...  It decided to hit me now.  Ugh.  Well, the girls and I relaxed last night and watched Despicable Me (super cute btw) and after it was 830pm.  Just in time for their bed time.  And I decided to call it a night too.  I can't remember the last time I went to bed at 830!  But it was a great feeling. 

So anyways, I must have woken Emily up around 2am with my sneezing and coughing (it's always worse at night).  B/C she comes in and nudges me and says (with her eyes half sleepy), "mommy, are you feeling better yet?"  I tell her no I'm not, Mommy doesn't feel good at all.  She says, "I know.  I can make you better".  I tell her I'll be fine and to go back to bed.  I thought she went back to bed, but she didn't.  She comes back a few minutes later with orange juice and wakes me up again.  She says " Mommy, orange juice makes you better, I got you some."  It was the sweetest thing!  (remember it is like 2am!) So she crawls in bed with me and sings the song I usually sing to her, "you are my sunshine"  I sing "You are my Emmy".  She sang "You are my Mommy".  It was so sweet. 

I get up this morning and go to make my coffee and see she left the OJ in the middle of the kitchen floor and the dishwasher open from where she grabbed the cup (thank goodness they were clean!). 

I was cute how she was re-enacting what I do when they are sick.  Really cute :)  Can't wait til they get older and can cook :) ha! 

I love being a mommy!

xoxo
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)