Saturday, February 5, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

Today came a stark realization that my youngest baby is not a baby anymore.  Emily, is not 4 years old and though I know she is growning up, I failed to realize exactly how much she has grown lately.  As I am getting her ready for her bath, she stands in front of me just jabbering away about barbies and a story she created for bath time.  It is at that moment I step back and actually look at her.  She has hit a growth spurt and shot up about 1.5" over the last 3 weeks or so.  Her face is not puffy and chubby anymore.  She is growing into her features and her little body and all of the baby fat is melting away.  She is becoming a young girl and I can't slow it down.  As much as I want to, I can't.  She is beautiful and learning so much so fast.  Madison teaches her math already and she knows basic addition!  She can write words if you spell them for her, she can also make up actual stories that make sense, not just jibberish.  She is very creative and smart and she's only gonna get smarter.

Madison comes into the bathroom and starts asking me about her cheer game today.  I know she is older, 7 1/2 now, and I think wow, so much has happened over the last few years...  I look at Madison and how tall, skinny and grown up she is.  My girls are absolutely gorgeous.  I think back to the day I brought Madison home.  I was standing outside the hospital waiting on the car and in a matter of 5 minutes 6-7 people passed me and stopped to admire her.  The made comments about how perfectly beautiful she was, how from the time she was 1, people told me she should be in baby modelling...  In MS there was plenty of opportunity in New Orleans and Pensacola, but I didn't want her exposed to that and growing up with pressure and not being able to enjoy her childhood.  Even now, people still say she should model, but I want her to be a kid. 

I know it's bias a little, but my girls are 2 of the most amazing, smartest, prettiest girls I know.  I am truly blessed when God bestowed motherhood upon me.  I was young when I became a mom, but I wouldn't change a thing!!! 

I love you Madison & Emily!  Always will, no matter what!

xoxo
Katie
Emily @ 1 month                                                         

                      
Emily @ 2 months




Madison and Emily (3.5 yrs and 1 month)       















Madison @ 3yrs











Madison @ 2 Months

The girls now: Dec 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ramstein, Germany
I'm Katie. I am a mother of 2 great girls and a am married to the most amazing guy ever, Paul. I am 30, Paul is 26 and my girls, Madison- 9 and Emily- 6. There is never a dull moment in our lives!!! I currently go to school full time and volunteer a lot. As of Jan 2013, I have embarked on a life changing endeavor- losing 35 pounds! I currently blog about it, so feel free to catch up :)